iX10-ADS support page
This support page cover the Unibap iX10-ADS product.
Installation Guide iX10-ADS
1. Prepare USB devices containing
i Bootable storage with BIOS
ii Bootable storage with CloneZilla
iii SpaceCloud® OS
2. Connect the iX10-ADS to a monitor and keyboard
3. Boot from BIOS stick. Run the BAT-file to install the BIOS
4. Insert the bootable Clonezilla stick and the stick with the storage device for Spacecloud® OS
5. Boot from the Clonezilla stick.
6. When the BIOS screen is visible press “ESC” to enter the boot selection
7. Boot the clonezilla USB drive
8. Use clonezilla live
9. Choose Language English
10. Keep the default keyboard layout
14. After pressing enter Clonezilla will search for all connected storage devices, you should see the ssd drive of the hardware and the storage device with image
15. When both storage devices are detected continue by pressing Ctrl-C
16. Select the storage device with the image (usually a very large storage device)
17. Use TAB to press on done (no browsing needed)
18. Beginner mode
20. Select the image you want to clone (spacecloud image)
21. Select the storage device you want to clone on which is the NVMe. Note! Not the SATA disc
22. No, skip checking the image before restoring
24. Press Enter
25. Accept the clone process twice with “y”
26. Wait till cloning is done (10-15 min), hardware will reboot afterwards.
Hardware setup steps after reboot
27. Enter the Boot Manager
i Enable IOMMU at “Advanced chipset configuration”
ii Enable SVM at Power/Advanced CPU control
iii At “Legacy” unmark the option to boot from the SATA disc. We want only to be able to boot from NVMe, named M2 in the boot order list.
iv Save and exit
Mounting the SATA disc
During the first boot there will be some warnings about the SATA disc not being mounted. To mount the disc perform these steps.
28. If it is not already created
$ sudo mkdir /opt/spacecloud/storage_A
29. Verify that this text is present:
$ sudo nano /etc/fstab
#Add internal SATA SSD to /opt/spacecloud/storage_A /dev/sda1 /opt/spacecloud/storage_A btrfs defaults 0 0
30. Create a new primary partition of type linux of the whole disc.
$ sudo fdisk /dev/sda
i Make new partition
ii Accept default by pressing “Enter”
iii Write operation
31. Mounting the new partition
$ sudo mkfs.btrfs /dev/sda1 $ sudo mount /opt/spacecloud/storage_A
33. Verify the BIOS
$ sudo dmesg | grep DMI
34. Perform some of the tests located in the spacecloud/extras/bin and spacecloud/extras/ml folder. For instance mixbench-hip-alt, clpeak and fft. Verify that the power control scripts functions,
For tensorflow, run tflite and tflite_gpu.