Deep Delphi iX5 A.I. processing solution
Unibap Deep Delphi iX5 compute solution for Intelligent Data Processing with machine learning capability.
The DD-iX5 On-board Data processing (OBDP) solution is based on a space proven core flown in space since May 2016 and co-developed with Troxel Aerospace Industries Inc with support from the Swedish National Space Agency.
Our computing solutions in the e20 and e21 families are compatible with the iX5 platform which provides up to 4 CPU cores, 128 GPU shader cores and an FPGA. Software development for the iX5 can be developed using the Optimized Development Kit (ODE).
On-board artificial intelligence made easy by Unibap for applications such as:
- Science & Technology demonstrations
- Human assist applications
- Autonomous vehicles operation
- Space Situational Awareness
- Synthetic aperture radar
- Interplanetary exploration
- Rapid warfighter information distribution
On-board data processing (OBDP) and value extraction
NASA/Hawaii Spaceflight Laboratories/SaraniaSat
Hyperspectral Thermal Imager (HyTI)
Objectives and Benefits:
Design, build, assemble, test and fly a 6U CubeSat Low Earth Orbital (LEO) demonstration of HyTI (Hyperspectral Thermal Imager) as a “pathfinder” enabling the next generation of high spatial, spectral and temporal resolution thermal infrared (TIR) imagery acquisition from LEO.
Monitoring Global Hydrological Cycles and Water Resources, and developing a detailed understanding of the movement, distribution and availability of water and its variability over time and space is a critical need for NASA’s Decadal Strategy for Earth Observation from Space. An associated need is the measurement of land surface dynamics by monitoring the continuous variability of land surface temperature (LST). The focus will be on enabling agricultural remote sensing. HyTI will be designed to investigate the following global food and water security issues:
1. Mapping both irrigated and rainfed cropland areas;Read more
2. Determining crop water use (actual evapotranspiration (ET)) of major world crops
3. Establishing crop water productivity ("crop per drop") of major world crops.
With DD-iX5, you can rapidly develop your software application by seamless transition between the Deep Delphi software platform running on ODE, laptop, desktop, or virtual Linux environments. The iX5 solution is physically form factor compatible with PC104 and configured as two stacked PCB boards, a standard core processing module (standard version iX5-CORE-1000) and an interface and storage extension board (standard version iX5-EXT-100).
DD-iX5 support e20xx/e21xx computing modules with AMD64 architecture and full profile compute GPU acceleration. The DD-iX5 ships preloaded with a full Deep Delphi software package featuring Linux LUbuntu 16.04 LTS distribution with optimized packages for computer vision processing, robot control, point cloud handling, deep neural networks, and scientific packages. Examples include Octave, Python3, MySQL, SQLlite, Postgres, etc. Machine learning tools like PlaidML, Caffe, Theano, TensorFlow are optional and offer CPU acceleration, with GPU acceleration if OpenCL is supported. Commercial tools like Matlab®/Simulink® can also be used.
DD-iX5 with standard extension interface board provides up to two M.2 SATA Solid State Drive slots of type 2242/2280 (512 GB x 2, 1 TB max). The iX5-CORE-1000 support onboard eMMC storage and operating system boot (64 GB) or optional Micro-SD card.
Common sensor and payload interfaces are supported (some may require additional FPGA IP cores), e.g. Gigabit Ethernet, CAN, SerDes, PCIexpress®, LVDS, RS232/422, Isolated I2C, Isolated GPIO, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, SPI, SATA.
The iX5 can be expanded with AI acceleration solutions such as Intel Movidius Myriad X.
DD-IX5 is designed to fit into systems compatible with the physical layout of the PC104 standard.
The DD-IX5 is manufactured with either ISO 610-E Class II (Engineering Development Unit, EDU) or 610-E Class III (Qualification/Flight) grade.
A wealth of processing power, storage, input/output (IO) and options are provided on the system, including:
- e20xx/e21xx compute solutions, up to quad-core CPU and 128 GPU shader cores
- 2 GB DDR3 with ECC (x86)
- 0.5 GB DDR3 with ECX (FPGA)
- PCIexpress(R) x2 lanes v2.0 interconnect (6.4 GT/s)
- Up to 1024 GB M.2 SATA SSD storage
- 64 GB onboard eMMC
- Hardware accelerated H.264 video encoding
- 4K HDMI output
- Prepared for Unibap SafetyChip(TM) feature for soft real-time x86 linux behavior and monitoring
- GPIO: 8 (isolated), 14 TTL
- LVDS: 16 (695 Mbps)
- I2C: 2 (isolated), 2 TTL, +optional in FPGA fabric
- SPI: 1 +optional in FPGA fabric)
- CAN v2.0b: 1 (isolated)
- Ethernet: 1 x 1000 Mbps (isolated)
- USB: 3 x USB v2.0 + 1 x USB v3.0
- SerDes: 2 pairs (5 Gbps)
- Serial communication: 5 x RS232/422 (isolated)
- PCIexpress(R): 1×4 lanes v2.0 + 1×1 lane v2.0
- PCBA Dimensions: 96 (W) x 90 (H) x 50 (D) mm3
Environmental & Electrical
- Power consumption: 7-30 W (Depending on storage selection, peripherals, load)
- Input power voltage: 12 V DC or 5 V DC (extension board powered separately)
- Operating temperature: -40 °C to 70 °C (depending on model)